E&B Studio looking for a great leader to inspire, lead and help our team into the next generation of art creation. You will lead by heart and be a role model for the other artists, therefore your drive can not be by personal success, but rather by the success of the team! We want to define what next-gen worlds can be and to pull that of we will need to have a strong and focused team. We will also need to evolve new ways of working to create what is still thought impossible for the game industry you will therefore need a creative mindset and try to push the limits.
We are prepared to accept applications from the very best talent from around the world and offer relocation help in order to secure the right candidate for this role.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of next generation environment artist
- Inspire and teach your team how to be better artists
- Help strategize and plan all environment art in collaboration with the concept and design teams
- Assess, critique, and help to improve our capabilities in environmental lighting, textures, and asset creation
- Work with engineering to evolve new and better ways of building worlds
- Work closely with the Art Director and creative leads to drive and evangelize our artistic vision to team members
- Collaborate with and mentor fellow team members from both in-house and off-site environment artists
- Help your team to grow into the industry-leading artist, push the limit of what is possible in game development
What You'll Bring
- Self-motivation, strong communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- 5+ years experience in AAA digital game development as an Environment Artist
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Thorough understanding of video game development & the different pipelines in the art process
- Creative initiative and vision to take an environment to completion from either a detailed or simple concept image
- Outstanding eye for lighting, materials, color theory, detail, and visual hierarchy
- A passion for story-driven RPG games and science fiction
- Excellent decision-making capabilities
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability
- Team-leading Experience
- Unreal Experience
- Blender skills
- Zbrush skills
- Experience with Photogrammetry
- Experience with procedural workflows in Houdini
- Traditional drawing/painting skills
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: job(at)ernstborg(dot)studio
We will only consider those who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a new game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from Sweden's top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by industry veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more