E&B Studio is looking for an experienced Technical Artist to be a part of our team and help us build the art tools, shaders and pipelines required for a AAA game based in Unreal Engine. We want someone that’s innovative and have an unending urge to learn. We are heavily invested in setting a new standard for procedural workflows therefore it is important that this is something that drives you.
You will have knowledge covering at least several artistic fields needed for current games, potentially including environment, character, VFX, UX, lighting, shading, and rendering. This role requires understanding the importance that art workflows and pipelines have on the efficiency of an art team and a drive to find ways to improve workflow to areas of art production. The Technical Artist understands emerging trends and technologies in video game content and can make strategic decisions that benefit the studio’s art development.
The ideal candidate has experience both as an artist and in technical roles.
What You'll Do:
- Research, Develop and collaborate with a team on art tools, production pipelines, and content creation
- Work hands-on to create new art tools and/or shaders
- Analyze tool usage and needs the art team to continually refine our processes
- Identify new tools and technologies to improve content production
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years experience in art tools, shaders and pipeline creation for interactive entertainment
- Knowledge across several art subject areas, such as environment, character, VFX, UX, lighting, shading, and rendering
- Technical experience with tools-related programming, scripting and/or shaders
- Thorough understanding of video game development, art processes, and production pipelines
- Experience with Unreal engine is required
- An eye for graphical quality and knowledge of the technical requirements needed to achieve visual targets
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: job(at)ernstborg(dot)studio
We will only consider those who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a new game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from Sweden's top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by industry veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more