E&B Studio is looking for an experienced Senior Material Artist to be a part of, and inspire our team. We need someone that's creative and have a burning passion for their craft. Someone with the ability to build materials from both detailed concepts and a single photograph. You will develop industry-defining textures and materials that push the realism within our game, help us tell a story within the game environment, and elevate it to new heights.
As a Senior Material Artist, you will not only create materials, but also help define material and asset workflows, pipelines, improve existing practices, and be a driving force for collaboration within our culture. With technical skill and artistic understanding, the Senior Material Artist will help us build a library of materials to be used by all art disciplines. The role requires an agile and flexible mindset with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What you'll do
- Create highly detailed materials, masks, and textures for characters, game environments, and world assets using tools like Substance Designer and Painter
- Collaborate with Technical Artists to develop advanced shaders, optimize assets, create efficient tile-able textures, smart materials in Substance, as well as communicate and solve the challenges as you go
- Ability to document production workflows and mentor production artists
- Verify the quality of colleagues work once they are imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Overseeing and developing our material library
- Assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of material art pipelines
- Collaborate with stakeholders to maintain the visual quality and processes across the development
- Research new texture tools and techniques to create environments that push the realism in our game
- Collaborate with Art Directors and Lead Artists to revise and respond based on feedback for both aesthetic and functional purposes
What you'll bring
You are a material enthusiast and have extensive experience with game art/development pipelines. You're autonomous, empathic, and a great communicator in English, which allows you to collaborate with various stakeholders, and drive your ideas forward from concept to implementation.
Besides the above we’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years' experience in art tools, shaders and pipeline creation for interactive entertainment.
- An extensive portfolio of Materials at AAA/realism quality
- Proven work experience through several AAA game development cycles, with credits on at least 1 major title as a Texture / Material Artist, or a directly related role
- Expert skills in Substance
- Strong modeling skills in 3DS Max, Blender, Maya, and/or the equivalent tools
- Familiarity with node-based game engines like Unity and Unreal Engine
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material/light interactions
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: job(at)ernstborg(dot)studio
We will only consider those who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a new game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from Sweden's top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by industry veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more