E&B Studio looking for a skilled Lighting Artist with a strong passion for world building and science fiction. You will be creating the project-defining lighting scenarios that will help us forge the look and feel of our world. You will be responsible for lighting our in-game environments & characters. You will work closely with our Technical Artist and help them define shaders & materials that will work best with our way of lighting. With the power of UE5 and an amazing team behind the project, we together will push the boundaries of what is thought possible within a game engine. Since UE5 is bringing some new tools to the table it is important that you are up to date and have a great understanding of lighting within Unreal Engine.
What You'll Do
- Light our environments, characters, and cinematics
- Push the boundaries of what lights can give a game in the industry
- Create the blend of a beautiful scenery and a guided experience
- Make our light coherent throughout the whole game
- Work with programmers and technical artists in R&D developing new features and techniques to use in production
- Keeping an eye on performance and optimizing the lights to work well on all platforms we are shipping on
- Grow as an industry-leading artist and push your skills to their limit as we build an entirely new universe from the ground up
What You'll Bring
- 3+ yrs experience in AAA digital game development as a Lighting Artist
- Accomplished game lighting specialist, with extensive experience working in real-time game engines
- Great understanding of lighting fundamentals
- Understanding of the technical limitations and requirements for in-game art making
- Great understanding of common game lighting and rendering techniques and methods (PBR)
- Experienced in one or more game engines
- Tackle difficult tasks with a “nothing is impossible” mindset
Strong Bonus Points
- Unreal Engine experience
- Cinematography background/hobby/interest
- Art background/hobby/interest
- Photograph background
- Matte painting skills
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: job(at)ernstborg(dot)studio
We will only consider those who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a new game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from Sweden's top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by industry veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more