E&B Studio is looking for an experienced Houdini Artist to be a part of, and inspire our team. We need someone that's creative and can tackle the most complex asset challenges. A Houdini Artist that can help us develop a next-generation workflow that takes our game environments to unseen heights. This position involves collaborating not only with other Houdini artists but all disciplines.
As a Houdini Artist, you require a solid understanding of game development in Houdini, Houdini Engine, and pipelines in game development. With technical skill and artistic understanding, you will collaborate with other disciplines to create new pipelines, improve existing ones and, develop tools. The role requires an agile and flexible mindset with excellent communication and collaboration, skills to best find solutions for problems and explain how your tools function.
What you'll do
- Participate in research and design of tool solutions and documentation for end-use
- Test and debug tool issues in Houdini and Unreal Engine 5
- Develop powerful and efficient workflows for the Art team using Houdini
- Create Houdini Digital Assets to help increase quality and productivity for modular environment elements, dynamically modeled props, and procedural placement
- Help reduce the workload of creating repetitive and complex assets through procedural techniques
- Integrate and maintain our Houdini pipeline
- Collaborate with other Technical Artists to help integrate Houdini with Blender, Substance, and Unreal Engine 5
- Assist with solving daily production challenges
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
What you'll bring
You are a half coder and half artist – you get both. You help both parts understand each other and can translate art into tech. Not only that, but you're a great communicator in English, which allows you to communicate how your tools work so the artist using them gets the most out of it. You're also autonomous and empathic.
Besides the above we’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years experience in art tool, shader, and pipeline creation for interactive entertainment
- Expert level knowledge of Houdini and the Houdini Engine
- Experience with Unreal engine is required
- Fluent knowledge of VEX or VOPs, Python, and the Hou Module
- Good understanding of Linear Algebra, Trigonometry, and Algorithms
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members
- Understanding of game workflows and pipelines.
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: job(at)ernstborg(dot)studio
We will only consider those who send us a CV & a Portfolio!
About the Company
E&B Studio is a new game development studio in Malmö, Sweden with a team built on experience from Sweden's top game development studios such as Massive Entertainment, Dice, Sharkmob, Avalanche, and more. We combine our skills in game development with our experience working with real-life architecture. The result is niche expertise in creating AAA environments that are believable, authentic, atmospheric, and engaging.
Our goal is to create the most (un)believable game worlds ever!
We are currently working with Archetype Entertainment to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast led by industry veterans from many of the top AAA game studios in the industry, including BioWare, Naughty Dog, 343 Industries, id Software, Santa Monica Studio, and more